UK Spouse Visa 

A UK Marriage Visa or a Spouse Visa allows foreign nationals to join their partner in the UK, who they are either married or are in a civil partnership to. The partner must be a British Citizen or a person who is ‘settled’ in the UK. ‘Settled in the UK’ means that you are ordinarily resident in the UK with no immigration restrictions on the length of your stay. The visa will be granted for two years and can lead to further leave to remain, Indefinite Leave to Remain and Naturalization as a British Citizen.

A successful visa application requires you to meet the strict criteria that the Home Office have introduced. In support of your application, you will need to provide an comprehensive amount of documentary evidence in order to show that you and your partner are in a genuine relationship and that the financial requirements, as set out by the government, are met.

As immigration lawyers with extensive experience in spousal applications, we can assist you with your application and answer any questions that you may have. We will handle everything, from start to finish, and we will prepare the visa application so that you can focus on the other things in your life. In light of the ever increasing Home Office visa fees, it has never been more important to ensure that your next application is done correct.

What you will receive:

  • Friendly & warm service
  • Free consultation
  • A clear fixed fee
  • Payment plan
  • Personal immigration advisor

What are the Spouse visa requirements of 2017?

  • You and your partner must be 18 years old or over
  • You must have legally married and must have met each other in person.
  • Your must intend to live together permanently.
  • You must earn more than £18,600 a year. The exact figure depends on how many dependant children there are.
  • You must have adequate accommodation for you, your partner and any dependants.
  • You must satisfy the English language requirements

What is the spouse visa processing time?

It can take up to 12 weeks from the date we submit the application. Visa processing times differ according to the country where the application is made.

How long does a Spouse visa last?

If your partner enters the UK on a Spouse visa, he or she will normally be granted an initial period of 33 months. If your partner made an application from within the UK, they will normally eb granted an initial period of 30 months.

How much do I need to earn?

There have been specific financial requirements in place since July 2012, which must be met by anyone applying for a UK marriage, partner, or settlement visa. The threshold earnings are non-negotiable, but can be made up in a number of ways. This means that the sponsoring partner must have an income of £18,600, or £22,400 if there is also a child applying with your partner. For any extra children, there is an additional £2,400 added onto this amount.

As part of your application, you will need to prove that your sponsor is earning this amount. There are, however, exceptions: if your sponsor receives certain benefits (Disability Living Allowance, Carer’s allowance etc.), then there is no minimum earning threshold. Instead, they will have to fulfil adequate maintenance requirements. They must prove that they can adequately maintain you and any children without receiving more public money.

Your sponsor can use a variety of sources to meet the threshold, but the mixture will not be accepted unless it is above the minimum amount. Their income can be from either employment or self-employment, or even savings. They will need at least £16,000 as well as additional savings three times the difference between his income and the specified minimum.

Can a spouse visa be extended?

Yes. If your partner initially applied from outside the UK, they will be able to extend their stay for another 2 years and 6 months. If your partner applied from within the UK, they can extend their stay for another X.

Your partner can apply to settle in the UK after 5 years.

What happens if my relationship with my partner ends whilst on a spouse visa?

You should tell the Home Office when you divorce or separate from your partner by writing to:

UK Visas and Immigration
TM Marriage Curtailment Team
PO Box 99
M90 3WW

We advise that you include yours and your partner’s names, date of births, addresses, passport numbers and Home Office reference number. If you or your partner has children in the UK, you should also include their names and dates of births, names of their parents or guardians (and who they live with), how much time they spend with you or your partner, how much child maintenance or financial help you give each other and details of any family courts cases you’re involved in.

You should also include:

These forms gives the Home Office permission to contact your ex-partner at the address you give.

Immigration Law Solutions Immigration Law Solutions is a trading name of The Intelligent Solutions Group Ltd. The company is registered in England and Wales with the company number 7760633. Our company's registered address is above.





Web design by Jct.Digital

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This